Animal feed is a kind of feed prepared for oxen, cows, sheep, goat, poultry etc reared for their milk, meat and eggs. It contains protein, minerals and other nutrients which are useful fr milk, eggs, and beef production as well as survival and growth of the animals. Animal feed can be prepared from agro-residues, cereals, molasses, minerals and vitamins etc.
With the increased demand for livestock products for domestic consumption as well as export, farmers realize the importance of maintaining the health of their animals with proper feeding and management. The proportion of crossbred animals increased over the years. This has necessitated higher demand for balanced feed. Feed supply could not keep pace with the growth in various species of cattle and other animals.
Steps to start a Feed Production Business
1. Market Research – You need to do thorough research on your local market. At, first, you should identify the demand of the livestock and other farmers in your area and then select a particular category of animal feed with which you will continue further. Also, look at your competitors who are formulating the same type of animal feed. Study their strengths and weaknesses.
2. Business Plan – Next you should craft an effective and comprehensive business plan to get success in your venture. You need to consider every aspect of your business like objectives, start-up expenses, financial and marketing plans etc.
3. Feed Formulation – There is a specific formula of animal feed for each type of animal and you have to identify the right one for the feeds you are going to produce. If it is not properly produced by mixing the raw materials in exact ratio, you will lose your customers as they would not get the expected results after using the feed.
4. Raw Materials – After generating the appropriate formula or feed, you should buy the essential raw materials that you will need to use.These ingredients may comprise of maize, wheat offal, corn, noodle wastes, minerals, common salt etc.
5. Equipment – The next step is to purchase the equipment that are necessary for the production process.The equipment might include blenders, choppers, cooker, conveyors, weighing machine, bag sewers, pulleys, packaging bags etc.
6. Advertising – The final step is to do proper advertising and promoting of your production business by following effective marketing tactics. This step is quite challenging to perform if you are a beginner. You can hire a sales representative who can help you in promoting your business. You can also make use of the internet by means of a professional website to promote your business.
NEED HELP IN THIS AREA OR ASSISTANCE WITH A PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS PLAN CONTACT US NOW AT: (27) 84 583 3143 OR EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org