The technical meaning of maintenance involves:
* functional checks.
* repairing or replacing necessary devices, equipment & machinery.
* building infrastructure, and supporting utilities in industrial, business, and residential installations.
Maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) include the following:
1. Preventive Maintenance, also known as PM.
2. Planned Maintenance, where equipment is repaired or replaced after wear, malfunction or break down.
3. Predictive Maintenance, which uses sensor data to monitor a system, then continuously evaluates it against historical trends to predict failure before it occurs.
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE (PM)
This is a routine for periodically inspecting, with the goal of noticing small problems and fixing them before major ones develop. The main goal is for the equipment to make it from one planned service to the next without any failures caused by fatigue, neglect or normal wear.
# Enhance Capital Equipment productive life.
# Reduce critical equipment breakdown.
# Minimize production loss due to equipment failures.
Planned maintenance or scheduled maintenance, is any variety of scheduled maintenance to an object or item of equipment. Specifically, planned maintenance is a scheduled service visit carried out by a competent and suitable agent, to ensure that an item of equipment is operating correctly and to therefore avoid any unscheduled breakdown and downtime.
Predictive Maintenance techniques are designed to help determine the condition of in – service equipment in order to estimate when maintenance should be performed. This approach provides cost savings over routine or time – based preventive maintenance, because tasks are performed only when warranted.
When companies does not take care of their assets, machines, and equipment efficiently they may end up in a loss situation. This can be avoided if equipment maintenance is done. It also create huge opportunities for entrepreneurs that want to start their own successful and sustainable businesses and to cater for this market.
WANT TO DISCUSS FURTHER OR NEED HELP WITH A PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS PLAN CONTACT US NOW AT (27)84 583 3143 OE EMAIL US: email@example.com